This will allow you to charge micro USB smartphones, tablets and other devices such as the Asus Transformer T100, Google Nexus or Blackberry Playbook at full speed from a powerful charger or computer USB socket.
- Follows the 'Dumb USB' specification', so allows you to get the full power from a mains or car USB charger which does not follow this specification, such as an Apple iPhone/iPad charger. Our mains chargers and many others already follow the Dumb USB specification, however this low resistance cable may still result in faster charging than ordinary cables.
- A normal cable only allows charging at 0.5A from a computer, this allows you charge upto 2-3x faster.
- If you have purchased a powerful mains or car USB charger but find that it gives poor performance or does not work with your micro USB device, this cable will most likely solve the problem.
- Prevents your device going into 'data transfer' mode when connected to a computer, acting as a 'USB Condom' to prevent data theft / viruses when charging from an unknown USB socket.
- 20 AWG thick low resistance copper cable for high speed charging upto 3A with lower power loss than standard cables. The 300cm cable will be faster than standard quality cables of similar length but shorter cables will be faster.
- Thicker plastic housing with extra reinforcement at both connector ends where cables commonly become worn.
A few phones use the 'Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0' spec which uses a special mains charger for even faster charging. This charge-only cable is not compatible, see our charge+sync cable instead for use with these chargers. The Samsung Galaxy S6 / Edge also requires a sync cable and special charger for the very fastest charging speeds.
OnePlus One Smartphones
These phones have very specific requirements for charging. For the very fastest charging speeds a very low resistance cable such as our 30cm, 100cm or 150cm version together with a charger which meets the phone's specific requirements such as the original OnePlus version or an iPad charger. Other 3rd party chargers will be slower.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 82 | Next
Micro USB no good
Posted by John hewit on 21st Jul 2015
I have had several of these cables of various lengths. They all end up with duff micro USB connectors. None of them make good contact after a short period of use. I had my Nexus on charge all of last night and woke to 5%. These cable need a more robust connector on them.
Posted by N.G. Bos on 10th Jul 2015
Before I had this cable, charging my cellphone took about 8 hours. I have a 2.1amp charger but the power cord I used was very thin. Now I have a Portapow fast charge cable it goes from complete empty to totally full in less than 4 hours!
Posted by Simon on 9th Jul 2015
Omg this product does exactly what it's says, my fat 3100mah oneplus one charges from red 7% in 1h26min it is phenomenal. This product works and I highly recommend it. I'll be ordering a few more for gadget minded in the know family and friends.
Posted by PatrickOfLondon on 26th Jun 2015
Good product, good price, good service. Would buy again. Would ideally like to see the plug-ends embedded deeper in a more solid chunk of plastic for strength, stability, and longevity -- but don't let that put you off, this is better than most anyway.
Posted by Aaron on 18th Jun 2015
Great charge time, connectors that don't break, and chargers that work just as well at 10' cable lengths as 3' cable lengths.
I buy all my chargers and charging accessories from here. The first I got was almost two years ago and they still work like new, I bought more this year not because anything stopped working, but because I wanted more for all the different places I charge my devices.
It does work
Posted by heidi on 5th Jun 2015
I bought the 300 cm one and it does charge faster than all the cable I had before. This is the 1st time a cable has what it said, really highly recommended
Posted by Unknown on 14th May 2015
Highly recommended, fast even with such length. 3rd time buyer..
very good product
Posted by Unknown on 5th May 2015
The product is high quality. I charged my nexus 7 in the car it was 3 times faster then the original cable. thank you
Posted by Unknown on 29th Apr 2015
A bit faster charging
Posted by Adi on 12th Apr 2015
I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. The build quality seems good. The charging is fast and stable. I am satisfied.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 82 | Next