This will allow you to charge micro USB smartphones, tablets and other devices such as the Asus Transformer T100, Google Nexus or Blackberry Playbook at full speed from a powerful charger or computer USB socket.
- Follows the 'Dumb USB' specification', so allows you to get the full power from a mains or car USB charger which does not follow this specification, such as an Apple iPhone/iPad charger. Our mains chargers and many others already follow the Dumb USB specification, however this low resistance cable may still result in faster charging than ordinary cables.
- A normal cable only allows charging at 0.5A from a computer, this allows you charge upto 2-3x faster.
- If you have purchased a powerful mains or car USB charger but find that it gives poor performance or does not work with your micro USB device, this cable will most likely solve the problem.
- Prevents your device going into 'data transfer' mode when connected to a computer, acting as a 'USB Condom' to prevent data theft / viruses when charging from an unknown USB socket.
- 20 AWG thick low resistance copper cable for high speed charging upto 3A with lower power loss than standard cables. The 300cm cable will be faster than standard quality cables of similar length but shorter cables will be faster.
- Thicker plastic housing with extra reinforcement at both connector ends where cables commonly become worn.
A few phones use the 'Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0' spec which uses a special mains charger for even faster charging. This charge-only cable is not compatible, see our charge+sync cable instead for use with these chargers. The Samsung Galaxy S6 / Edge also requires a sync cable and special charger for the very fastest charging speeds.
OnePlus One Smartphones
These phones have very specific requirements for charging. For the very fastest charging speeds a very low resistance cable such as our 30cm, 100cm or 150cm version together with a charger which meets the phone's specific requirements such as the original OnePlus version or an iPad charger. Other 3rd party chargers will be slower.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 76 | Next
Posted by Unknown on 14th May 2015
Highly recommended, fast even with such length. 3rd time buyer..
very good product
Posted by Unknown on 5th May 2015
The product is high quality. I charged my nexus 7 in the car it was 3 times faster then the original cable. thank you
Posted by Unknown on 29th Apr 2015
A bit faster charging
Posted by Adi on 12th Apr 2015
I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. The build quality seems good. The charging is fast and stable. I am satisfied.
Posted by Unknown on 28th Mar 2015
Excellent product. Does exactly what was described.
Posted by Kent Oldhøj on 18th Mar 2015
This cable is not only handy (I've got the short one), but sturdy and charging my LG G2 20% faster (1.8A vs. 1.5A) off my power bank than the standard cable that came with the phone. With my old power bank the difference was even bigger (1.8A vs. 1.0A)
No problems charging my phone AND play Ingress!
Posted by realwander on 15th Mar 2015
Works as described. Quality all around. Thick but flexible cable. Excellent fitting USB terminals. Super fast charge. Only concern is that cable has a little rubbery texture to the touch, so it gets a bit tangly sometimes and catches some dust and dirt. Not a big deal, but my preference is for glossy cables, which are less tangly and grab less dirt. Excellent product overall.
Posted by Unknown on 11th Mar 2015
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Mar 2015
Charged my OnePlus like on a wall charger!!!
My GPS is more than happy with it also!
PortaPow Fast Charge Micro USB Cable
Posted by Robert Johns on 1st Mar 2015
Works really well and does speed up time taken to charge.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 76 | Next